PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 26th Sep 2013, 08:08
what-to-do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingTinCans

Just so we're clear, I'm not using any argument. I simply understand the point that is being made, which you don't appear to.

I don't believe anyone is actually calling for a direct roster comparison between two completely different jobs. To me that seems quite apparent.

There is however, a very real problem with rostering here at FZ. Part of that problem is how the rosters are put together, which is further compounded by the attitude of the people that put the rosters together.

It is when individuals from this same group openly make comparisons with respect to days off, people are quite rightly annoyed. The point therefore, is that there should be no comparison in this respect at all, as we do completely different jobs. The most fundamental aspect of which, is that we work shifts and need time to recuperate. Having one or two days off after 3 nights is extremely fatiguing.

Did I say fatigue? Yes fatigue, an aspect of of our life here at FZ that is overlooked by scheduling and management at every level. So I'm wondering if the guys that work 9-5 understand what it's like to land an aircraft at 7am having been awake for 20+ hours or having managed only 8-9 hours sleep in three days?

This is the point being made and not one of direct comparisons.