PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DC9/MD80 FAMILY
Thread: DC9/MD80 FAMILY
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2013, 06:19
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Flarepilot,

I specified in my text that the majority of incidents and accidents what have known the DC9 were not due to their technical design. On Wikipedia, I read that they have been much victim of fatalities on the ground. Electrical Air Canada incident was effectively provoked by the failure of the electrical system pumping of toilets, which was strongly suspected to have been caused by a discarded cigarette in the tank, but without concrete evidence ... The breaker has nevertheless isolated
insufficiently the damaged circuits ... Will has a rule of using that prohibits to reset a breaker if he jumps, and in this case the pilot should he made ​​a mistake?

Regarding the DC9-32 of the Valujet, the cause is clearly external. I would killed by my hands this monster Aerotech CEO who was responsible of the death of hundreds of people in the most horrific conditions, almost in a crematorium! ... Nevertheless, the crew lost the use of all instruments of navigation within 12 seconds after the fire in bunker: the case of avionics is she stood at the front of the plane? The analogic instruments are therefore linked to external sensors for the most part, how is it that the electrical circuit of the aircraft was hit and its navigational instruments?!