PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130K Out Of Service Party 8th November 2013 RAF Brize Norton
Old 26th Sep 2013, 05:12
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
smujsmith, please read my comments again.

At no time have I made any critical comment about the C-130K party and I wish you all well.

My only critical remark was in response to yet another of NutLoose's unwelcome digs and moans about the VC10 'End of an Era' event and its format. As the Sqn Cdr wrote to 'Fellow VC10 enthusiasts':

To commemorate the final coming to an end of the VC10, 101 Squadron is organising an ‘End of an Era’ all-ranks Anniversary Dinner. We are hoping for this to be a large and well-attended spectacle with current Squadron members and many other VC10 personalities and senior guests in attendance.
Unfortunately, due to the venue limitations and high interest, we will have to operate a ‘first come, first served’ policy on ticket allocations. In the event of over-subscription, we will activate a reserve list and inform people accordingly.
It was indeed a well-attended event and I do not question the decision to hold an all-ranks dinner rather than a 'hangar bash' - that was a decision which presumably and quite rightly took into account the number of senior (in age) figures who'd expressed a wish to attend.

One of the biggest rounds of applause came when AVM Hurrell made reference to the initial decision to have a dedicated Eng Flt on 101 rather than centralised servicing. We all recognised the wisdom of that decision and the considerable strength it added to the squadron.

We all had an excellent night and I hope you will enjoy yours similarly.

Last edited by BEagle; 26th Sep 2013 at 05:37.