PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 22:44
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1- will 44$ per diem while on training cover nice 3 meals per day (nothing fancy)?
It is pretty funny actually because Japan being as expensive as it is and famous for having $10 cups of coffee (I'm a big coffee fan, I've looked for it and never found it) but you can eat pretty cheap here, or as expensive as you want really, there are a lot of Japanese style fast food eateries where you can get a bowl of rice with meat for ¥450.

2- how much $ do you girls and guys spend while on duty in Japan, 50-ish $ per day, is that enough (plus the hotel)?
The hotel alone will run you ¥5,700 per day, How much total depends on the lifestyle you lead while at work, if you are the "slam and clack type" (the slam of the door and the clack of the lock, see you at check in time) then your per diem is enough, if you are like most of us that enjoy a frosty beverage here and there, a nice steak, a Brazilian or Spanish dinner, then the periderm is not enough, drinks specially are expensive in Japan, a pint will run you around ¥650

3- when you ask for the block days off back on back 10+10 you get only one commuting day on each side of the block? is that right...? you lose one day of commuting for each month?

No, the fact that the bids are back to back is irrelevant, they are considered separate bids and you get your commuting days with every bid.

4- when they book you the C class ticket home, do you get good connections, not losing a lot of time, for the EUroland guys, just to save money (cheaper ticket=a lot of time lost on connections)

I don't commute to the EU but to the US rather, but the policy is to book you with the most convenient connection time. They don't make you sit around to save a couple of dollars, now it all depends on available connecting flights etc.

Last edited by The Dominican; 25th Sep 2013 at 22:47.