PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 19:21
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tennisten: "Also what makes you think someone with better A Levels will have a greater capacity to fly an aircraft? After all that's what this is all about, not just the theory..."

In certain circumstances you may be correct, but my points were average based - and I stand by them. Who do I think are more likely to make better candidates, a group with AAA at A-Level or a group (otherwise similar) with BCC? Well I'd put my money on on the AAA group. BA have said many times they are looking for the best candidates; and frankly the best candidates are unlikely to be those who weren't able to acquire BBC at A-Level. Clearly there may be the odd exception, but I'd be willing to bet that it would be such a small number of people that it wouldn't be worth BA's time to devise a system to find them. Remember, BA is a business.

But to suggest that it's "all" about flying an aircraft sorely misses the fact that that's really only a part of it. An important part, but only part of it nonetheless. You might be the best at controlling an aircraft, for instance, but if you have to deal with an unruly passenger - you might not have a clue. Therefore, the best candidates (and remember, BA are looking for the best), are more likely to be those who are well-rounded with a bit of life experience, good qualifications and an aptitude for flying.

Last edited by G-F0RC3; 25th Sep 2013 at 19:23.