PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 25th Sep 2013, 16:28
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingTinCans - might I be so bold as to suggest that you're either young; new to fz; special needs; or some combination of all 3 ?!

Imho, and in a spirit of fairness , maybe office staff should also be rostered to work 'shifts'? That way - immediately prior to their day(s) off - they too can enjoy finishing just prior to midnight, then starting again at 6am a day or so later, and / or give them the occasional smattering of single days off too?! And let's never forget the pleasure of coming to work at around midnight and then finishing 12 hours later... and of course "it's all legal"!!

That said, if they want to earn what I do, I wonder if they'd be prepared to invest tens of thousands of $£$£$£'s of their own money in getting a 'license'? And also be prepared to have an annual medical? And also have their competence to operate stringently checked every six months? And be prepared to be 'bonded' into a virtual servitude? And spend years & years in their apprenticeship prior to being given a chance at a hard-won promotion? Possess the right technical & CRM skills? And be able to cope with the responsibility? etc, etc.

But I do think we might of hit on something here, and indeed I must suggest to KG or GAG... i.e. the office staff are going to come under the merciless remit of 'Rostering' (oh what a great rumour !!!). Yep, I'll bet office productivity would increase by the ten fold, and it's for sure that the Been&Gone coffee outlet would then be open all hours!

... but, until then, keep drinking the KoolAid mate and please do stop undervaluing your profession!