PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DC9/MD80 FAMILY
Thread: DC9/MD80 FAMILY
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 13:59
Yan104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC9/MD80 FAMILY

Hello!

I just registered on this great community obviously frequented by professionals in all fields of aviation, from ground staffes, to the aeronautical engineers and maintenance technicians, trough cabin crew and airline pilots! ! ... Suffice to say that for a passionate
of world aviation like me, it's a great honor to be able to rub shoulders and share my ideas and information from various documents that I publish different sites, including Wikipedia, both driving techniques, aircraft design, and even the investigation of air crash which I could draw some reports in french! ...Yes, I am French, and I ask you please to forgive my errors in English ...

So I post my first topic dedicated to the history and career of my great loves garlic! ... I must confess having a special affection for this slender silhouette swallow that was the DC9, especially for seniors family, series 10 to 50. Those planes seem had not yet to have a rest for all, with various incidents and accidents they have experienced, and for many of them, they were not responsible. I thought I noticed however some extreme sensitivity of their electrical system, especially with incident that occurred in 1981 on a DC9-31 of Air Canada, and the terrible accident of DC9-32 of Valujet in 1996 . What can explain this phenomenon?

During the early 60’s , the entity Mc Donell Douglas was not yet formed . It was Douglas Aircraft Corp. , which produced the DC9 -10 in 1963. The direct competitors of DC9 were therefore Caravelle and BAC 1-11 : I may know that the Caravelle was produced in ten variants , while the Bac 1-11 was produced in four versions , the series 100 to 500 . This plane was particularly underpowered with its reactors Spey , which was I think one of the reasons for his business failure. The low modularity of his cell was the other factor ... But was it also the case for the Caravelle, that has not had as much success as the DC9 and B737 ?

More generally, the densification of the traffic in the area of the Middle Courier had she exploded between 1960/1970, that variants adapted to the requirements of each line, displayed with capacities from 80 to 110 seats? U.S. domestic traffic is not boosted the aircrafts sellings more than flights between European countries?

By the hope of answers