PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 12:32
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO NO CHANGE THERE THEN?

"What I find difficult to take on board, is that how you can have BBC in English, Psychology and Religion and be eligible, although my a-levels are all science and design based. Very frustrating."

Back in the golden days of Hamble, Perth and Oxford, my application failed as my high-grade 'A' levels in Physics and Geometrical/Engineering Drawing were not stated as adequate. The latter was not considered suitable, though for the last 42 years as a professional pilot I have spent my time doing something connected with Physics and studying aircrafts' innards and kicking the outsides on my walkaround.

Sad to know that nothing changes and an 'A' level in History or Underwater Basket-Weaving is more relevant according to the HR wallahs?

As you battle your way through the recruitment struggle, just remember the permanent disconnect between fact/logic/reasoning when it comes to aviation.

Good luck in your efforts to get in (anywhere). It took me 4 applications over 30 years to temporarily wear the BA uniform, other companies may take a more practical and pragmatic view as to what makes a suitable candidate.