PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 25th Sep 2013, 12:17
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, but then by that logic there should be no comparisons ever made going the other way as well.

Soooo, no "no more than two days off in a row for flight crew because the office workers can't do that" mentality.

I still don't quite understand how we can ever be compared because number 1 we are in a SAFETY related position of responsibility.

Also, we certainly have quite a few other things we have to deal with that would warrant having 3-4 days off in a row between our blocks of flying. For instance, flying through the night, flip-flopping schedules, dynamic work environments, and of course the responsibility of our passengers' lives.

As it stands, we do not get more than two days off, and this month as well as last I have had 3 or more single days off. I am flying 90ish hours in October with 9 days off total, and 3 of them are single days off.

I am hopeful for all of the flydubai flight crew that the future will hold good schedules based on personal preferences through PBS, but so far I haven't seen that.

FlyingTinCans, have more pride in what you do and demand what you should rightfully have from the hard work you have done to attain your position of responsibility. We SHOULD be compensated more than double as well as be taken care of. If we make mistakes, lives are at stake.

Randy