PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MFTS - 'Getting Sticky'
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 08:41
High_Expect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roland,

You can't compare the T6C with the PC21. It's like comparing a Hawk T1 with a T2. They are for all intents and purposes a different generation of AC.

They've made a calculated decision that the capabilities (and price) of the PC21 aren't required when we have the Hawk T2. There is an argument that the PC21 is so advanced that you can go straight onto an OCU after flying it. Which would rather render the whole of the Valley setup useless. There is a middle eastern airforce that is actually trying this route.

Personally I think the T6C fits nicely in the stream considering the end post is set so firmly in concrete (T2).

I don't know a lot about the 120 (I'll do some googling) but if the screenshots posted above are correct I think it's a half-arsed effort at a glass cockpit. Is it really retractable and a turboprop??? For an EFT AC.... are you serious? WTF. You don't need performance at EFT. This will just lead to us crashing a fair few.

Ps. Beagle your comment above couldn't be more spot on. But why break a habit of a lifetime and actually ask those in the know at the coal face.