PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing accident report.
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 08:37
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing accident report.

"The regulation that covers accident investigation says 'The safety investigation authority shall make public the final report in the shortest possible time and if possible within 12 months of the date of the accident. If the final report cannot be made public within 12 months, the safety investigation authority shall release an interim statement at least at each anniversary of the accident, detailing the progress of the investigation and any safety issues raised'."

What has happened to the Italian/Irish report on the B738 multiple birdstrike accident at Rome Ciampino in 2008?

Last heard the engines were going off to be strip examined in 2009, since then a stunning silence on the topic.

If the quoted regulation applies to the authority responsible for this report, then why are we still awaiting for either the full/final report, or by now reading the annual update(s)?

I do NOT want to initiate another airline/CEO bashing forum due to the affected airline, but as a "NG" driver I wish to learn what I can about the accident should I ever be faced with the same shower of beaks and feathers.

My briefing currently is that if we hit a flock of birds on approach, we will NOT be trying a go-around, but will attempt at all costs to manage energy to arrive on/near the airfield.

ANSV - Agenzia Nazionale per la Sicurezza del Volo gets me absolutely nowhere!