PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2013, 07:22
james brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wo Ping

Very kind of you to post. However I will query some points, even though you won't reply.

Experience is useful but it doesn't automatically make you a good/ better pilot or good / more valuable employee - just a different one.
Is this how your airline justifies the vast amount of cheap inexperience it employs? I suspect that you'll find all experience is good experience. You just need a recruitment process strong enough to differentiate the good operators from the bad.

but after 12 months YOU WILL be able to take up a permanent easyjet contract
I have no first hand experience of this, though a chap I was flying with has an offer and showed me it. Great chap, few thousand in rhs of the 195. In the command process. But I diverse. The fact is no where does it say he is employed by easyjet or has a job for more than one year. Period. How can he take that to the bank and request a loan for £24k?

[quote]we'd like a healthy experience mix but in no way require it as cadets are excellent. Growth and time to command mean all command vacancies can be met by cadets for many years to come[ /QUOTE]

Ah but you do require it if you are to continue to be a safe airline. Like it or not it is a fact that concerns have been raised, by the CAA and by the insurance companies. Otherwise you will have an airline crewed exclusively by CTC in a few years time. Not a healthy or safe environment. Diversity and experience are both desirable to avoid clones flying your aircraft, and essential to safety.

Finally

progression will be quick. its an investment from both sides.
Where's the investment on your company side? Non existent.

Alexander.

It's a shame you find the discussion wearing, and I do admire your orangeness. However as I touched on, the consensus is no one is being offered more than a years CTC contract. Yes perhaps the intention is they will then be offered a job. But they aren't being offered it now. The only security they have is an hourly paid CTC deal. Which technically is a zero hours contract like it or not. And expires in one year.

And you need to look around. For most folks the only time the money will be better than they are currently on is when they get the LHS. Not before. And this doesn't take into account having to pay back the rating from taxed money. That to me shows long term commitment.

Thankfully I'm not looking to move, but from what i see and hear I suspect Jet 2 may fit your description of decent employers. Just a final thought.