PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA pilot suspended at LBA for violating rules!
Old 25th Sep 2013, 06:57
SetStandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bral

This isn't a willy waving competition of how bad your roster has been changing between late/early reports. You have no idea where in the world I have flown or who for, and I can assure you, I have stories that would give you nightmares, I haven't always worked for a UK company.

If after 30+ years in this industry you are droning on about it, all due respect, but you are typical of the current generation of senior Captains / middle managers who have allowed fatigue, zero hours contracts, pay to fly etc. to enter and gain ground in the industry. Then at some point in the next few years, you'll retire (I imagine) and leave it for my generation of Pilots to pick up the pieces.

But, alas, as you have said previously, this thread is about that "problem" in aviation of having a blood alcohol level that exceeds the local set limit. The difference is, even after 8 years in this industry, I don't see that as a problem. I see it as stupid, reckless and a lapse of ones professional standards that we must all bring to work with us every day of our working life, but I can see that there are greater problems that the industry faces (fatigue, zero hours contracts, pay to fly etc.).

Just my 2pence worth. I shall leave you all too it, as I now have to go to work........