PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to permit electronic devices during all flight phases
Old 25th Sep 2013, 05:48
Tordan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, pre cell phones everybody listened attentively to the safety demonstrations and all evacuations were performed without a hitch and with the greatest expertise? Please, some people will always neglect those briefings just as some will always pay attention. I totally agree that having access to distracting devices is, well, distracting during those demonstrations, but what about books, magazines or just conversations with the fella next to you? Why not put the safety folder on the seat in front of the pax so that they always see it? Subconsciously drilling what to do when the **** hits the fan.

I hate being exposed to constant conversations that sometimes should be done privately just as much as the next one, but thatīs how our society looks like now. Earplugs, headphones with audiobook or music usually work for me. At least in airplanes one usually isnīt exposed to flocks of kids with boom boxes. Come to think of it, I think I prefer boom boxes over the current trend of holding up a cell phone and playing music with horrendous speaker quality.