PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2013, 20:14
brizzol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mix,

I'm sorry to hear you are so upset about they way you have been treated by easyJet. Despite what you think, I can assure you easyJet is an excellent company to work for. Those who jump through the frustrating hoops in the first couple of years are subsequently well rewarded... and not just financially.

I walked away from a final salary pension, a 320/330 mixed fleet dream(my arse), a LHR base and decent seniority. I took a sizeable drop in salary and didn't have a clue where I was going to be based until 4 weeks before joining. 3 years later I got my command and have never looked back. I won't bore you with the financial aspect of my package but, suffice to say, I've no complaints in that respect.

True, I didn't have to entertain any zero hours( it's just a name, no one flies zero hours) contract and I didn't have to pay for a type rating as I had lots of Airbus hours. However, I still think it is an excellent airline to join compared to any other currently recruiting and for that reason, it is worth accepting the Flexi deal with a view to subsequently getting a "proper" contract.

Of course, not everyone will accept the offer... that is their prerogative. Who cares if some middle aged experienced pilot turns down the offer? Absolutely no one. Next candidate please.....