PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2013, 14:11
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOL has announced a new company attitude to treat their customers more kindly.

So best on time performance, fewest cancellations, lowest pricing and standards of fewest lost bags.........

In the RYR magazine MOL claims to have an industry leading customer service model. At a business conference in Brussels he claimed that all the passenger wanted was as stated in the 2nd quote. Thus, by delivering these factors RYR had by default the best customer service. So, in 2 statements he had justified the RYR philosophy for the treatment of his salary payers. Even if RYR does indeed deliver these, it does not help being called an idiot if you can't jump through his hoops. Pax, many infrequent travellers, make mistakes and get hammered. RYR's crews are frequent flyers and being human will make mistakes. Are they treated similarly? I hope to God not.
As someone said the extra charges are penalties/fines not cost recuperations. That is not the philosophy of a true customer service orientated business.
So what has caused the change of heart within 12 months of the 2 statements above, and can the change be enough? It will have to be volcanic to come even close to the EU airline I usually try to use as 1st choice.
As I was taught many years ago, "problems start at the top, not the bottom." The solutions are the same. Is there the honest sincere will at heart to change spots? Unless it results in more dosh for those at the top, I doubt it. And if it does I'm sure those at the bottom won't see any of it.