PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big thread on celebrities that are pilots.
Old 24th Sep 2013, 13:11
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlo Pedrosoli, better known as Bud Spencer, was a very active GA pilot, both fixed wing and helos. He also founded an airline (Mistral Air) which he sold on later and which exists to this day. Apparently he became interested in flying after a movie where he portrayed a pilot and subsequently took up training, first for helicopters and 2 years later for fixed wing planes. I believe he owned and flew a Jet Ranger and a King Air.

I once saw an interview with his then movie partner Mario Girotti (Terence Hill) who related that Pedrosoli had not told anyone that he had made his license between some movies and then scared the living daylights out of them by flying a Jet Ranger during the filming. Apparently he also did most of the flying involved in some later movies. I was also told that in his time he was quite active in Italian GA at and around his homebase Napoli.

Don't know if he is still flying, might be too old by now (he is almost 84 years old).