PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choosing the right course
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2013, 12:54
gpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub

M8 I believe you are dreaming.. Your encouraging words about the integrated being the best option for me are false. I don't know which airline you work for or where you trained, but for the 1200 hours I am very certain that your license is not issued until you reach that amount of hours(A friend of mine attended and passed the selection for Qatar). Further more, where I work going through the modular route did not get me in a trouble finding a job, found as soon as I finished my training.

I never disagreed on the fact that integrated students tend to find jobs quicker than modular, but you are making it look like they are far far better than the modular route, where in reality it's only 10-15% better. If you got the money then go for it and be prepared to support your self for another 2 years when you don't find a job, considering that you paid 100K for your training too.

You know what, if I come with 2000 hours on an Airbus, which means I worked roughly 5 years in an airline, name me an airline which will not hire me if I make it through their selection. Easyjet will beg anyone with 2000 hours, BA will not refuse to give a chance to someone, but at the moment none of them hires. For them is doesn't count where you trained once you got 2000 hours, because it means you are more than capable to fly an Airbus.

You said airlines look for people who most likely will be successful on the steep learning curve, then tell me now what good has that brought to you after you found a job?

Bealzbub my m8, if you thing I need to make more research fine, you got your opinion I got mine, I am registered in this forum so I can give an opinion to the people who want to pursue their dream, I used to be in that place years ago, I don't have anything to prove. I regularly open new threads for people who want to pursue what they love, based on what they can afford.

Last edited by gpiper; 24th Sep 2013 at 12:54.