PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2013, 12:31
sk8erboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AdM

You do need to verify your facts I suspect. Maybe that's what you are being told by the company/union. It is most definitely not the case.

Re your last post. You aren't talking to people who were turned down/never got an interview. You are talking to people here who were offered the job. I say Job in the loosest term possible. We were all from what I can see told to call CTC after the lady from Easyjet told us we were 'successful'. I thought this was strange when I applied for a job with easyjet which specifically asked for experienced pilots.

On calling CTC I was told the 'deal'. As outlined previously. One small point though, I was told £20k + VAT so it's 24k. Plus zero pay whilst training, pay for my own accomodation and board whilst training, pay my own uniform. To then fly for a year on an hourly rate. AS A CTC PILOT. NOT ONCE SINCE THEN DID EASYJET GET IN TOUCH.

After the year there is the possibility of joining on a permanent contract. That is what they said. Be in denial all you like but that's whats on the table. Be it for 10k hour guys on bigger stuff than easy flies, or 6k hour guys like myself, down to cadets.

You may pat yourselves on the back for what you think you saved us from. But you may as well not have bothered.

As for the argument that we will earn £x in the LHS. Rubbish. Easy are showing their hand in what the future holds in Lisbon. Enjoy. And even if they did by some miracle pay current rates. It will take years to earn back the difference. Not to mention the basivc is actually on the low side anyway, just sector pay and bonuses which make it up.