PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine out terrain clearance
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2013, 11:36
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That one gave me a much-needed chuckle. Maybe where you work the manuals are error-free and perfect
I havent read them in such details to know,but obviously the more mature the airline the more chance mistakes have been spotted and corrected.

In general and for large operators,as i mentionned,those manuals have been through some obvious thoughts and checked by the relevant authorities.

Now,what i meant was that blatently deviating from layed down and accepted SOP (especially perf calculated)is asking for troubles in the scenario bubbers described initially.
As written above,in a controlled emergency,i would not deviate from layed down engine out procedures just for the reason of guestimating that flying in cavok weather is sufficient to deviate from such escape routes.
BARKINGMAD,
Concerning your std setting of altimeter,yes there are times when some non standard actions are needed as the sops cant be written for every scenario possible but in your case,i doubt the noise abatement should take over the setting of your altimeter ...but you did the right thing to request clarification and thats how manuals evolve or get too fat
Im curious as what is your transition altitude/preferred noise (A/B/1/2) and SID level off FL?

Last edited by de facto; 24th Sep 2013 at 11:40.