PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choosing the right course
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 21:35
gpiper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly now

For me the new MPL is waste of money for two reasons. One most MPL programs require that you pay the full amount for the training which comes up to 115K GBP, and two, your license will not be released until you have 1200 hours. (Speaking for Qatar Cadet, Monarch, and other who will follow) What happens if you are kicked out from the airline at 1199 hours? or if the airline bankrupts? You don't have a license! Good point, you get a job right away, bad points, you are at risk of loosing everything, it costs so much money that in then end you need to think twice even if you make it through the selection. I know many guys who actually made it through the selection and did not accept the airline's contract because it was ******.

Another thing, I totally agree with mad_jock, like Ryanair there are dozens of airlines who take low houred pilots, no one tells you that the airline market is only open in the UK, there are low houred hiring airlines all over Europe.

I am surprised that certain people still believe that being an untagged integrated will get you anywhere better than being a modular student, especially when I know and everyone knows, that there are people who are in the holding pool of the big 3 for more than 2 years( after all, being in the pool for 2 years is considered normal, that's what the big 3 say once you decide to do your training there), and most of them end up doing the instructors in modular schools.

Integrated is good for young people who have no problem financing on their training and want a college styled training. I would say they will receive top of the class training which some modular school can offer and they will then be members of the long holding pool and hopefully they will get hired by a partner airline. I give them 10% chances at most that they will land a job quicker than modular students.

Last point if I make, BA and Easyjet so far are the only airlines that expressed their preference to Integrated over modular, which one of the two is hiring now??(Both are actually firing pilots) You can get in any airline you want if you got hours anyway, regardless if you are integrated or modular.

Last edited by gpiper; 23rd Sep 2013 at 21:38.