PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where did it happen to you?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2003, 10:58
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

nicholas_hosties

Isn't it great when you live and fly in one of the remotest and truly beautiful places on the earth and all you can find to talk about is when you were first called a little name.
Yeah I do flying in one of the greatest places on the planet, but this forum isn’t about that. It’s about racism towards whites. Something you obviously haven’t had to deal with. Oh and by the way most whites are in these communities to help the local indigenous people, i.e., doctors, nurses, teachers, police etc. Why should they have to put up with racial slurs? Are you really saying that they deserve it?

Blackfella swearing is considered no stronger than Pommie git or **** etc. You can find them all in the dictionary.
Racial slurs are very different to name-calling.

Some people get annoyed when a blackfella does'nt say thankyou but in there culture everything belongs to everyone so there is no need for the word.
This forum isn’t about not being said thank you to. I have had many Indigenous Australians say thank you to me. It is about racial slurs that are made toward us and the double standards that exist in this country on this subject.

I remember a few years ago on an airstrip in the Kimberly five pilots were taken to court for drinking and leaving their emptys on the threshold, I would like to of known what a rfds pilot would of called them at four in the morning if fod had occured, stupid c*** springs to mind. Never seen a blackfella do that.
Yes they are stupid c**ts and deserved all they got. Have I seen Indigenous Australians do this? No I haven’t, but I have seen them burn down a hospital. Shall I call them stupid c**ts for doing this or will call me a racist.

So one, do not take it to heart, and two, remember some of you probably deserve it.
How the hell can you tell us that we probably deserved the racial abuse that is frequented at us in these communities? I think you need to go and live in one of these communities for a year or two to see what it is really like before making a comment like that. Then and only then will you be taken seriously. Until then F**K O*F.