PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Choosing the right course
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 16:55
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about airline cadet 'tagged' schemes, but I assume beazlebub is correct as that's what I'd expect.

As for untagged integrated vs modular, I personally do not see a difference in training. But, as much as I hate to say it, integrated students do get jobs more than modular. As I said, I don't think it's a difference in training (usually) but more of a business thing. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Or, if it's not a business thing, it could just be that integrated schools pump out more pilots than the typical modular. So obviously the ratios are different.

I did go modular, I did get a jet job. But I was lucky. I'm not being biased about the level of training either, I've seen both very good and very useless pilots both from modular schools and the 'big three'. From people I've spoken to who went to OAA, they all say less than 30-40% of people get jobs out of an untagged integrated course. Modular (at any school) is less than that. I'm not saying do not go modular, as I'm happy with my choice. But you need to know what to expect.

I do disagree with the one of the posters above, referring to integrated as the easy way. A lot of integrated students are unemployed, and have been for a while.

Of course, if you are a bloody good pilot, it doesn't matter what route you take. A job will probably come eventually, as you will impress the right people with your skill.

Disclaimer: No figures are official. All based on opinion/word of mouth.

Last edited by pudoc; 23rd Sep 2013 at 16:59.