PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 15:01
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely a simple check list before you fly must include passport, tickets/boarding pass, money/credit cards and apartment keys. Cannot understand people who forget any of these main items.
Neither can I.

I travel a lot on UK rail. I book online early for cheap fares, using the free "Ticket on Departure" which means I have to collect the ticket at the machine in the station. The printout says I MUST have the ref. no and credit card used in order to collect the tickets otherwise I have to pay the full fare on the day which will be a lot more expensive. A colleague travelling with me once paid £78 compared to my £11.50. That's the way it is and I'm sure there are millions who book early and know what they need to bring.

Yet, when it comes to not printing out FR boarding passes (after having received and ignored several email reminders) some people here seem to have no difficulty standing up for those who "forget" or who expect FR to make an exception just for them.

All this talk of Internet Cafes completely ignores the fact that FR boarding passes can be printed at home 15 days in advance. If you can afford to take a holiday lasting longer than a fortnight then you can afford to pay the fine if you're not bothered to find a place to print out the pass.

Let's get that issue out of the way once and for all.