PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 11:59
Mixchafoolayrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best line in your post fella was telling me to calm down-you are prob correct in that but I'm afraid I'm a little passionate and disappointed in the way my industry has been allowed to disintegrate from a profession into this mess.

The 'jumped up' people will know who they are as they certainly haven't been shy on this forum of boasting about their fantastic LHS package. If you are feeling got at by me calling certain people 'jumped up' then maybe you feel partly responsible but I'm not saying you are; my intention is not to upset anyone-just highlight a few facts.The comment is clearly directed at one distinct set of people who see fit to boast when at the same time the guy sitting next to them will be on 30 days notice and earning £42/hour. The daily newspapers would find that intersting! Any permanent employment is better than the potential to earn £42/£60 an hour on a contract they will potentially never be permanently employed on. If this isn't obvious to you, ask yourself the question which contract you would rather have?

The facts:
It's not the type of flexi deal you can be self employed on!

ADM is not correct. Its not the way the world is. There is more than one other airline out there at the moment who won't make you pay for your training and won't put you on a zero hour contract.

Your point about finance house internships? Great-except internships rarely aim to attract experienced professionals! Normally new graduates.

You are correct that people will have to suck it up short term to benefit long term. Problem being its such an insecure and poorly paid contract that I can't imagine anyone would be able to leave a perm job to go to easy.

What you need to realise if you are going to defend the current recruitment campaign is that there has been no improvement or any sign of a NEC deal to new recruits; maybe to existing cadets?! Easy have you all hoodwinked! The may have promised the workforce and BALPA that changes will be made but actually it's still just Flexi being offered in the UK.

Supply and demand-simple problem to solve but not when it comes to employing a safety critical member of a team.

Phensocks-I absolutely turned it down!