PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 07:42
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 157 Likes on 32 Posts
Mix....calm down a bit. I hope you're not about to go flying.

Can anyone confirm whether these Flexi deals are the type where you form your own "company" and hire your services via CTC? If so, I thought that the cost of the type rating could be be offset against tax which mitigates some of the "slave" wages (I'm sure the Daily Mail would have a field day about people complaining of earning "only" £42 / hour).

I flew recently with a guy who is still on Flexi (moving to permanent shortly) and he did close to 100 hours in August at just under £60/hour - he's not looking forward to the paycut he'll get moving to a permanent contract but with his current ability and experience he could quite concievably be LHS in 3-4 years on £110k+ / year - he's very happy to be in eJ - he's thinking long term - and he'll be on a PERMANENT contract.

Be it right or wrong, eJ recruitment / management are just doing what they're supposed to do for the company/shareholders - secure a workforce at the lowest cost. Nearly every single company now follows a similar path (even BA's Cadet scheme isn't a patch on what it used to be). Monarch appear to be the only "traditional" airline left. It may leave a bad taste in the mouth, but AdM is correct - this is the way of the world now and not only in aviation. Look at Internships in Lawyers and the some of the big finance houses - 6 months NO PAY and then usually you're out and they get another one in........

It is difficult to sort fact from fiction within this thread. On the face of it, it does appear that the process hasn't been best managed or the goalposts have moved during it. Bottom line is that it's personal choice as to whether you're prepared to "suck-it-up" for the longer term benefit.

Mix says there are plenty of fine airlines out - ok, apply to them and the very best of luck. As a "jumped up Captain" I can assure you that it was rejection of the Merlin deal (which completely screwed FO's) and the campaigning by BALPA and the CC that got the NEC in place which 100's of Flexicrew are now transferring to - so please don't berate us saying we should be ashamed....