PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2013, 06:22
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
......... if they could safely book online then how come its hard to check in.
I have probably not travelled as much as you Cape but I do know that I have never struggled to find an internet cafe or a hotel willing to help out .........
Everyone can makes mistakes but some mistakes are more costly. Don't use *old people" as an excuse, if they can't use a computer who booked the flights, the person who booked them should of printed them out. Not have access to a computer on holidays just doesn't happen. Majority hotel has computers and internet cafes are all over the main areas. Your using excuses and I don't even need to give an answer to the rain excuse.
These remarks illustrate the philosophy that makes Ryanair so hated. I know that 80 million people a year travel with them and that they carry more pax than any other airline, but that doesn't mean that all those people love the airline, nor does it take into account those who hate it enough that they won't ever use it.

Whether you concur or not I go back to the example of older people who are not as computer literate as the younger ones, or people who simply are not used to technology. The Ryanair credo makes no allowance for such people and charges them an exorbitant fee which does not represent the cost, it's a penalty, or a revenue raising ploy.

I too have never struggled to find an internet cafe but that doesn't mean to say that everyone else will be as fortunate. My remark about the rain was as flippant as the one about the dog, but such things do happen.

An airline which makes no allowance for error and treats people in this way should be shunned, and clearly is by many. On the subject of margins of error, Ryanair operate to the legal minima in respect of fuel uplifts. When something goes wrong, they expect special treatment. I understand that this is safety related whereas printing a boarding pass isn't but don't you think their passengers deserve a little comprehension when something goes wrong instead of being hammered with a massive penalty by someone on a power/bullying trip?

Clearly not, and I'm so glad that there are choices, because I will never fly Ryanair.