PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2013, 23:45
Mixchafoolayrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADM! You are so badly informed and incorrect its unbelievable; I dont have the time or inclination to read your other posts but I can only assume you are a broken record! Please stop spouting your rubbish on this forum. You clearly had nothing to do with the process or know anything about the offers on the table.

It is not a 12 month probation period. The flexi offers people in the UK have received have been to slave for a subsidiary company which is part of CTC. After, and only after a minimum of 12 months, you may be offered a permanent contract with Easyjet. The contract is for 3 years with the CTC subsidiary and 'most people' achieve a permanent job with Easyjet after 12 poverty stricken months. If Easyjet decide for whatever reason that they don't want you, then they have the option just to not bother taking you onto a permanent contract. All the successful candidates I know were offered a straight flexi deal! Nothing to do with some fanciful NEC and no mention of 75 or 100%.

Please don't come onto a public forum where experienced pilots like myself come to find out whats going on only to find confusion caused by you. I had an offer and I can assure you it's an appalling offer for any experienced pilot. I know of no pilot in the UK yet who has taken the flexi contract offered.

The whole process sucked in some of the best pilots that Europe had to offer and Easyjet showed their true colours. Easyjets management has one sole purpose which is to recruit the cheapest labour it can. They don't value the recruitment of the best performing candidates, which no doubt will be the ones holding out for an honest days pay. Instead they will rely on the fact that there are people who just want to be pilots and aren't fussed about who they work for. Let's be honest, there can be no pride in working for a company who make the future captains slave on a zero hour contract!

There will come a day when the management of this type of airline regrets ever going down this road with employment. Unfortunately the consequences could be grave in the end and I sincerely hope they don't have to learn a hard lesson. As for you ADM, you are a mercenary; this is not the way the world works and in no other profession I know would any experienced professional be offered such poor terms. Good employers value their employees and remunerate them appropriately-simple.

There are lots of good airlines left around this fine world-Easyjet is not one of them. And before another jumped up easy Captain jumps on the band wagon of 'how great the job and package is', you should be ashamed of yourself for standing by and letting your own company employ slaves on an hourly rate-despicable! £100k plus in the LHS while his professional experienced colleague will get £42 per hour! Surprised this hasn't made it into the daily newspaper yet!!

I can only hope that the fact that I know of no-one who has accepted these terms, may mean that no-one of experience has.

A final word of warning to any pilots looking for jobs, the crap spouted on this forum by people declaring they know whats going on is extremely worrying. Do your own research and trust only those you know!