PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2013, 22:03
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 500k price tag has been discussed to death many times, I think the chances of the airport closing to fracking are a million to one and as someone else pointed out, many other airports have wind turbines on their doorstep without them effecting ops.

And if you're suggesting I'm part of Peel you're very much mistaken, I do try/want to support them but they make it very difficult at times and I would certainly not shed a tear were they to leave. Besides, if they did want this thread shut down, I'm sure they would effortlessly be able to do it.

As for your Peter Foster question (the third time you've asked if I recall, and I would have thought there'd be more appropriate persons to ask than those on here), my understanding is that the airport has the utmost respect for Peter given his 40 years loyal service, but sadly he's become an old man with old ideas (I assume you've had a conversation with him? Whenever he talks about airport development it's stuff that's been and gone long ago, such as the Skylink development) and it'll take someone with more, what's the word, influence, to gain a response from Peel.

And also just to re-clarify, the director didn't simply walk-out, but had a more important business meeting to go to.

Last edited by Robert-Ryan; 22nd Sep 2013 at 22:03.