PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2013, 19:25
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRS-SFB operates weekly with FULL loads direct with ex FCA aircraft and seating as MV states.
Also as MV states it is not clear whether the decision to pull longhaul from BRS is commercial or anything else, my personal thoughts is that it is a mixture of commercial and technical.
Logically huge delays have been experienced in delivery and consequent tech issues, TOM may want to get the few 787s they have off long runways until things have calmed down and with losing a good few 767s from the fleet in the process the South West/Wales is seen as a non essential area to run longhaul from, general public in the areas are already used to driving to London or BHX for longhaul needs, I believe BHX is not having the TOM Dreamliner either immediately but are running longhaul still with 767.
I think longhaul will return to BRS with the 787 in a year or two, and I also believe that if the investment is there to improve facilities at CWL then it will return to CWL too.
What will be interesting is whether TOM bring a 787 to either airport to operate any cruise flights over the winter period, theres usually a few BGI's dotted about over winter time so we'll see.
I do believe that the area seriously needs to nail an Emirates flight, but again would they want to send a brand new a/c in to BRS?Looking at their model they usually chuck an A330 on a new route and build it up as with NCL.