PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The big thread on celebrities that are pilots.
Old 22nd Sep 2013, 19:16
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorruy
If I missed it but has anyone mentioned Ewan MacGregor and brother Colin? Former trainspotting actor latter Tornado pilot?
Anyway all this guff about celebrities .... Well what have the Romans ever done for us?
The list so far contains a lot of Americans and given the freedom of USA its not surprising they take to the skies in a big way (Travolta) but James May and AlanSugar are interesting because they do it for similar reasons to us. I was in Bembridge a couple of months ago and Alan S was there having a cup of tea. Wonderful Britishness none accosted him. At Denham J May frequently is in and out and again the fantastic British respect means he is not mobbed in any celebrity way. I thoroughly applaud this native reserve but I do wish such celebrities would lend a hand to help roll back some of the serious government pressures on GA which would prefer you didn't fly more than 10k from your home field and even then would want you to fill in forms in triplicate