PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines bangs up another one...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2013, 06:10
Sky Dancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahem....Grove just to clarify , I don't think I would ever work for SIA , Qantas or Delta because to my understanding all these carriers are battling to sustain their present fleet and growth , especially Qantas. Just for the record , I have flown with different nationalities and genders and I have never discriminated or passed a biased remark against any of them. Because when you judge an aviator , you should do so without any bias. I have flown with the finest of aviators from all nationalities , including American. But what ticks me off is when I see threads like these which insinuate that Asia pilots are a step below the so called Western standard. Let me tell you an interesting story about a American guy I knew from my former airline.When he came in he had issues with the airline's training system and standards and he kept harping about how difficult it was to clear the FAA check rides and the FAA ATPL flight test blah blah blah...We put up with it and the irony was this guy could not even clear the ground school.Passed after multiple attempts and had problems in line training and finally left saying that it was all bull****. I wish I told him...Friend look within , that's where the problem is, not outside....maybe then the world would be a better place to fly. And for the record , Korean Air brought in experts from Delta to train and groom their pilots to improve their safety record. But Korean still kept having safety issues. Today the safety record is much better in Korean Air , because you have pilots from all over the world there , Malaysia , Europe , Australia , America , you name it. That's how you improve safety , different people , lotsa of experience and finally better understanding....have a nice day