PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA FLOT Conf identifies major risk to airsafety!
Old 16th Mar 2003, 03:22
WalterMitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If at present all offences are strict liability and the judge quoted by creampuff considered the possibility that some things have absolute liability then is not making all offences strict liability a good thing? I like the possibility that if I break a rule and it is due to a reasonable or honest mistake, then I can hopefully avoid punishment ie. I have a defence. Absolute liability is a real bummer.

Again, if the proposed rules are in effect no different in liability to the current then how can this affect reporting systems? At the moment dont the CASA choose to not prosecute? I remember some time ago where the police raided some building to get CAIR reports. The current reporting system is a long way from freedom from prosecution because you have to put your ARN on it! What if a civil case were made against you by someone versed in aviation
based upon absolute liability?

Disclaimer: I really dont know what all these terms mean. Read it in a book.I'm like most pilots-bush lawyer.