PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to tell if a school/instructor is legit?
Old 21st Sep 2013, 12:55
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off the top of my head.

Perth leading edge has cross over and standardisation between PPL and CPL. Mainly because the CPL side of things were utterly fed up with CPL students turning up who were utter pants. So they found if they brought the PPL training side of things up the CPL side of things were easier for all concerned.

Tayside in Dundee does as well on the back of the CFS training standards.

Airways In Exeter again PPL instructors teach the whole lot up to IR.

That lot that were based in Filton were standardised by the CPL quality manager.

I will presume Kevin Rowell in Sherburn will have his PPL instructors standardised as well to his CPL standards of instruction.

In fact I am struggling to think of any commercial schools that I have had any contact with that haven't standardised the PPL instructors as they are the main supply for the CPL instructors. It just makes life so much easier with commercial students because the checklists are the same right through, the methods of nav are the same right through and even the standard exercises are exactly the same. No bad habits to unlearn.

I have though flown with ppl's hour building mainly from the south who it glaringly obvious that there has been no transfer of knowledge between the two courses. Seems a bit stupid to me to be honest. Both from a students point of view and from a instructor development point of view