PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC10 Retirement
Thread: VC10 Retirement
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2013, 10:13
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
The table I was seated on at the VC10 dinner last night included Rendall's granddaughter! We were on 101 Sqn together.
Indeed. I should have placed that bet when I did her first sim trip and told everyone that it wouldn't be long before she became our first female VC10 captain - which she did! She later captained the last ever flight of the VC10K2 to its final resting place at St Athan, pulling off a superb landing in typically horrible Welsh weather.

A cracking night, eh Mr B? Lots of old faces and a good time was had by all - and over £8000 to the RAFBF from the auction. Perhaps the chap who paid all that money for the mounted control column yoke had slightly too good a time though as we later found him asleep all curled up on a sofa tenderly clutching the yoke in his arms. But Phil Tys.. has the photos for posterity!

Great to hear that ZA150 'J' is going to Dunsfold for preservation - my ex-boss AVM Dave Hurrell was overjoyed when I told him that 'his' Juliet will live on as he considered 150 to be his personal aircraft when he ran 101 some 30 years ago.

Oh and Beastie - was I really so mean that I only gave you a White Rating that time? Sorry, mate!

Last edited by BEagle; 21st Sep 2013 at 10:15.