PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2013, 09:30
Mixchafoolayrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on OpenDes! First, second or third time, you can say it as many times as you want but desperate filling of slots is not what this recruitment was initially about. It was advertising to recruit 'Future Captains' and 'Direct Entry' FO positions. I know at least 10 top class candidates who all passed selection and were offered the sickening flexi contracts; the chance to work on a soon to be outlawed zero hour contract. Thankfully it looks like none of the fine chaps I know will be taking that offer. Currently all sitting in the worlds least attractive 'talent pool' ever.

All Easyjet will gain from this is another round of people willing to live in poverty for a few years to become an airline pilot.
They are not selecting the pilots they want. They are selecting the pilots they want who are willing to take a dreadful contract. I feel really sorry for the good professional pilots within easy who have worked hard to get to where they are now and yet again, you will shortly be joined by a colleague who has paid for a seat beside you.

When everything goes wrong up there and you are having the worst of days, sometimes all that remains is the pilots talent-all the money in the world doesn't buy that!