PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help pse, UK PPL BFR equiv
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2003, 22:08
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you!

Thanks to those that posted.

IRV

Great idea combining it with additional trg! Unfortunately I have been happily stuck in a tail-wheel day/vfr upside down and rolling kind of rut

As it was my stamp expired midnight Thursday. On Friday I allowed an airline pilot chum to fly/solo my vintage aeroplane - the one that Aerbabe did so very well in, and I caught a ride in the RHS.

An Examiners Calls...

An old examiner "chum" popped in today in some vodka powered agricultural airborne conveyance to do my FLIGHT TEST RENEWAL;

after a small chat about which aeroplane to do this in - we agreed on my vintage side by side tailwheel. Briefed, preflighted, started the beast (tied down!!) and sat back enjoying a pot of Earl Grey, whilst it gently warmed up.

I have flown the YAK infrequently but have never "really" felt comfortable/current in it.

The stress of this being a renewal rather than a "check" was very obvious to me! (Trappers in the light blue days, 20 yrs ago).

Anyway - off we went and after an hour and a bit of PFL's, stalls and steep turns, etc I was pleased to be allowed to land!

So why am I boring you all with this?

Well - I spend the majority of my time in a single seat aerobatic aeroplane and normally either transit S&L or practice aeros within 10 mins of home. When I do fly in the old bird, it is normally to introduce someone to the wonderful cheap world of PFA aviation.

Today, having someone dictate what I did certainly sharpened my approach to few things!

Having passed I then had to get my Pitts fix, too!

Stik,

smiley happy boy