PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2013, 20:28
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dry as dust.

It's a funny old world we live in; the world of the media is even stranger. There's a neat little Chris Merritt article tucked away in legal section of 'The Australian' which should be making headlines and discussed on those endless, dreary current affairs TV shows. The old adage "a burn on your arse don't hurt me none" seems appropriate. The - 'Rule of Law Institute' - has been chipping away at this issue for a while and I noticed a couple of similar articles in overseas publications recntly; but I guess if you are not one of the minority group who have been affected by this insidious, underhanded method of perverting or circumventing the law then there is no need to consider the matter......The Australian article reproduced on - ProAviation.

Phelan - This article appeared in the Legal Section of the Australian. Due to its relevance to the numerous actions being supported by ProAviation, we have copied it here. Should you wish to comment on or relate your own experiences with CAsA and the Model Litigant Directions, please comment below or contact us directly at [email protected] Alternatively write to the editor, The Australian.
Chris Merritt – THE Abbott government has been urged to overhaul the rules governing the conduct of federal agencies in court so the organisations with the worst behaviour can be identified.

The Australian - Research by the Rule of Law Institute has revealed a surge in breaches of the government’s legal services directions – which cover the conduct of federal agencies in court as well as the way in which they buy legal services.

Last edited by Kharon; 20th Sep 2013 at 20:35.