PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2013, 15:05
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The incident regarding Dr Sattar was shocking to the extreme and will surely be followed by a tabloid frenzy pointing out the deep flaws within the customer care structure at Ryanair. A structure established top - down.

Unforgiveable and particularly when you realise that Dr Sattar fully explained to RYR staff in Dublin why he needed to re-book.
Yes but ........ I'm not defending Ryanair, I loathe and despise their modus operandum and culture, however, having supervised ticket desks at international airports, I could tell you stories that would make your hair stand on end about the depths to which people will sink, telling the most appalling lies, to avoid paying reissue fees and so on. Anyone who has worked in a similar position will understand this.

The difference is that whereas I had, and allowed my staff, the discretion to make judgements and waive charges in cases where there appeared to be a genuine hardship or other motivation, I am quite sure that Ryanair's staff/agents did not have that discretion and that is a fundamental flaw in their culture.

That said, like pretty much everything else to do with Ryanair, it stinks. There I agree with you.

Last edited by Capetonian; 20th Sep 2013 at 15:06.