PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paper Plates!
Thread: Paper Plates!
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2013, 14:46
CoffmanStarter

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Forgive me if I'm way off here ...

Step 1

What's wrong with the PMC eMailing the Waddo ISS General Manager (cc'ing his Boss - see URL Link) and asking for a written explanation as to why the service within the Officers Mess has been so poor as mentioned here. Specifically asking for an explanation for the use of paper plates v U/S Dishwasher. The request is perfectly reasonable and could provide useful context for taking matters further. It's also not unreasonable to seek a commitment as to when "normal service" is to be resumed (I assume some kind of action like this will have already been taken ?).

RAF Waddington ISS Team

Step 2

Contemporaneous with Step 1 ... a member of the Mess Committee, on behalf of the PMC, gives a quick call to DE&S and ask for guidance on the process of giving feedback on a MOD Supplier who you believe is delivering a substandard service. But I guess the person making the call to DE&S will need to be persistent ... if there isn't a process ... then ask how such Supplier Performance metrics are collated, reviewed and by whom ... and keep pushing down that line until you have a PoC.

I have my suspicions that DE&S will have their resources focused on the sexy supply side ... Aircraft, Ships and Bullets ... however the ISS contract will be of significant size to merit Industry Standard Supplier Performance Management.

Ministry of Defence
DE&S Secretariat
Maple 0a, #2043
MOD Abbey Wood
Bristol
BS34 8JH

Email
[email protected]

DE&S phone number
020 7 218 9000

Last edited by CoffmanStarter; 20th Sep 2013 at 14:51.