PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2013, 12:43
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN to Birmingham on the M6 IS A COMPLETE NIGHTMARE !!!

Done it 8 times in 4 months dropping my daughter up to and back to Salford .

Each time severe delays, 40MPH speed limits, accidents,roadworks, animals on motorway, heavy rain delays. Been forced off 6 times out of 8 before Stoke each time heading south.

Last Sunday took up 7.5 hours return and yet again forced off this time at J19 ,even then sat in a massive queue on the A road, fortunately able to see some departures from MAN to stem the boredom.

Then hit severe congestion again south of Stoke and approaching Birmingham
Wow Nigel you have had some horrific luck!

I too have been traversing the M6 a fair few times lately, as part of a journey which takes in the M25-M40-M42-M6 toll-M6-A roads to Cheshire as part of a move to the area.

In a total of about 21 return journeys so far (commuting), I have only had severe delays once (going north just after the Stafford North junction, cant remember the number).
Only once have I been directed off (southbound at the A500 through stoke due to roadworks on the M6, and it was 0300 to be fair).

Ive now got Cheshire-London down to about 3 hours on a good day, 5 on some of the longer days, but its certainly never taken me 7.5 hours to travel Brum-Cheshire, never mind on the regular occurrence you seem to be facing.

It would be interesting to know your travel patterns, as a one off issue is one thing, but to have issues 6 times out of 8, like I say, that's some pretty rotten luck!