PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wg Cdr Ken Wallis
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2013, 09:22
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Saw this on another website and have taken the liberty of copying it onto here. Should be of interest to some of our East Anglian contributors.

TRIBUTE EVENT TO WG CDR KEN WALLIS – AUTOGYRO PIONEER
Old Buckenham Airfield, in Norfolk, has announced that it will hold a celebration of the life of aviation legend and autogyro pioneer, Wg Cdr Ken Wallis, following a request by his family. The airfield, of which Ken was member no.007, will host a day-long celebration of Wallis' life on Sun 29 Sep 13. The airfield is pleased to invite as many people as possible to bring their aircraft and vehicles to the celebration. A Celebration of the Life of Ken Wallis will open from 10.00 on Sun 29 Sep 13, with formal tributes and displays likely to take place from midday until 14.00. Those wishing to attend are asked to let the organizers know they are coming and, if bringing an aircraft or vehicle, the appropriate details. Arrangements will then be made to ensure that a diverse display of machinery - airborne and otherwise - will make the day a suitable tribute to a true legend. Contact is best made by email to [email protected].
I recall he came to Marham for a families open day in the 70s and was offering rides to anyone who wanted, including wives and children. I tried nudging Mrs TTN into the queue but she said something along the lines of "You wouldn't get me up on one of those things if you paid me".

Last edited by Tankertrashnav; 20th Sep 2013 at 09:27.