PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paper Plates!
Thread: Paper Plates!
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2013, 13:17
Roland Pulfrew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
In recent months I have ahd the mis-fortune to have needed to stay in the Mess at Waddo and the good fortune to visit a Danish military base and stay in their transit accommodation. The difference was unbelievable. Waddo - 1960s room that was in definite need to some TLC, toilets and showers a short walk down the corridor and PAYD breakfast in the same building a slightly longer walk down a corridor.

In Denmark the room was as good as many 3 star hotels I've stayed in. Ensuite, phone in room, comfortable bed, it even had a flat screen TV with a couple of English language channels - in fact only things missing were wifi and the minibar. Breakfast was in another bulding, a short walk across the car park, was also PAYD and was much better quality than the breakfast at Waddo.

I cannot believe that Waddo hasn't just got people doing washing up the traditional way - but its probably not in the contract. Paper plates maybe ok on ops, but for an MOB in the UK - just not acceptable. What a sad state of affairs.