PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2013, 11:35
SuperJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say hello to ma little friend

To my compatriots talkpedlar and truckflyer,

While what you say may be true, then again, maybe not, I just wanted to refer you to a lovely Irish chap, quite wordly in his experiences, an inspiration for millions of people around the world, who went by the name of William. Or to be more exact, William Butler Yeats. He famously wrote:

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because, you tread on my dreams."

Just saying...

I've seen those in less-than-perfect scenarios overcoming the odds and making a success of themselves. Best not to discourage those with the courage to ask or to try. They're the ones who make it. I have known:
  • A 40-yr old starter who is on private jets now in the EU
  • Someone who was told they were too old and too unsuitable to fly commercially - last seen flying for BMI - at age 41
  • A marketing manager who turned commercial pilot at 43, now on EMB135 Legacies
  • On office clerk in London who went all-out to get flying, and is now on A320 with British Airways, at age 36
  • An ex-RAF Loadmaster who became a 4,000 hour aerobatics instructor at age 52

Muadib, Jon25143724 and Nunofrednunes, keep your chins up, don't fall foul of the Nay-Sayers (even if they might be right!), age is just a number (up to a point! ) and aim high. Don't look back in 10-15 years and regret that you didn't try.

Nothing ventured and all that...