PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMNI aviation philippines
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2013, 07:39
SuperJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi All,

Pity that this thread seems to have died a while ago.

I am on of those still very interested in Omni, and from my own experiences, to lay to rest the concerns concerning accidents. If Omni has been around since the nineties and one fatal accident, although noone wants to hear about fatalities, I have been with two 'top' flight training organisations, and BOTH have had serious accidents, both related to engine failures, in an both cases, severe injuries. It can and will happen. One of those was a solo student, and one was with a highly experienced instructor.

Anyhow, thats my 2c worth on that, so, my advice, dont discount a flying school because of one incident.

Back to Omni as a whole though...

I want to live and work in Philippines, and already have a (lapsed) JAR PPL and 130 hours. I am not too woried, certianly not at this early stage, about converting CAAP/ICAO licences to FAA/JAA/etc, as I want to remain in the Philippines and work there.

So, I have heard a lot of good things about Omni, and if there CFIs/FIs are being snapped up by the local carriers, that bodes well, but, how does that apply to a foreigner going there? Assuming I get through the PPL/CPL/ME/IR with Omni, as a non-Philippines citizen, will a local carrier look at me? Even if I have to, say, go across to Clark and pay my own A320 TR, what are the prospects? Or, would I have to complete an Instructor course and instruct at Omni to build hours, and contacts, before they would look at me? Or maybe not even then?

Would love to hear comments from the wise. Maybe even someone who has been through a similar route to that?

Thanks to all!

Fly safe and always be grateful that your a flyer in the first place!

SJ