PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR PPL Flight Planning Exam
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2001, 23:20
and the chap said

Wink

Hi Rusty, str12,

It's appears that we have all reached the same stage. I did my Flight Performance and Planning 2wks ago, so let me fill you in on the details…

It’s not a difficult exam and as you pointed out str12, Section 4, Airworthiness and Performance prepares you well. Be sure to through the Q & A at the back in order to ensure you know it well. I did this and found that I had sound prep.

May I also suggest you go though the JAA Version of PPL Confuser by Neung Sornying. It has a Flight Performance and Planning section (unlike the CAA Version) is probably the best revision you can do.

The sort of questions you face, well…

If air density is reduced, full throttle t/o distance will be:
A – Increased
B – Reduced
C – The same

Given the following:
A/C take-off weight
C of G for Departure
Fuel burn during flight (with C of G xx-inches aft of the datum)…

Calculate the landing C of G aft of the datum

Expect one or two questions where you have to read a graph. For example, reading the C of G moment envelope for an a/c.

Expect to read a table with flight time, fuel used and distance flown during a climb to a different altitude – then give those values for a particular altitude. It can take some interpolation, but it’s not hard.

I could go on but I have to go to the pub, so good luck chaps.

ATCS

P.S. How have you managed to get all your solo xcty done in this wx. I’m having a nightmare. Also, I have only RT remaining - have you taken this yet? If so, any surprises?