PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA FLOT Conf identifies major risk to airsafety!
Old 15th Mar 2003, 11:37
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stu – point well made. I can’t recall walking away from any flight thinking I’d made no mistakes.

By the same token, I also can’t recall being scared of being prosecuted for making those mistakes, notwithstanding that I understand that the liability regime under the proposed rules – if they come into force in their existing form - will simply make explicit what is almost certainly implicit under the existing rules.

Strict liability does not mean automatic liability. And I’d like to think that my mistakes have been honest and reasonable.

Nevertheless, people are entitled to object to any aspect of any of the proposed rules. If a rule has no safety nexus, or is antithetical to the interests of safety for whatever reason, then it’s a bad idea.

That said, I’m getting a whiff of rodent in the suggestion that AG’s have made the decision about the category of offences under the proposed rules. The whiff is becoming increasingly noisome.