PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IDLE & PERF factor on A330
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 09:57
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IDLE & PERF factor on A330

Can any Airbus, specifically A330 operators, advise on the following if they know please.

Two issues:
Amending the PERF factor to account for airframe/engine specific deterioration and therefore increased fuel burn from the std. Once the PERF factor has been calculated, who in your airline updates the individual AC FMS?

Amending, updating the IDLE factor to adjust the FM descent profile. If it is thought to be incorrect and the aircraft is descending to early, too late etc.
Once the decision is made to amend from 0 to +4 or visa versa, who actually updates the aircraft FMS.

In my previous airline it was always done, and efficiently, by engineering. I now find myself in a new airline and the suggestion is this should be a flight ops role as the process is stipulated within the FCOM. I see the logic in this but still don't feel comfortable in how it can be controlled if not within an engineering process.

Just wanted a straw poll if that is possible, to see what others are doing and if my fears are unreasonable.

Many thanks for any insights into what others are doing.