PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - building.. What would you choose?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 05:21
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have looked at the RV14, not too much in service data there yet, and not QB kit at the moment on the Vans site. and its probably a little to big for our needs.
Cargo isnt a consideration, after a few years in light small recreational aircraft, i have learnt to pack light and small. no problem taking the savannah on a 2 week trip, 2 people, and getting it all in and under weight. hiking equipment is the way to go in this regard.
The Virus has more capacity than the Savannah.in both MTOw and physical cargo area.

I looked at the Dynaero, nice, but a lack of support in OZ, and other builders out here was a bit of a show stopper.
The Virus has quite a few example flying in Canada, the US and plenty in the EU. and i already have a copy of the construction, and ops manuals for the Virus. very easy to follow and understand. as is the Vans paperwork.
Aeros capable is a must, though im happy with lazy basic stuff, unlike my partner, who wants the full eye popping 8G and competition level.
The 7 is still a strong option, especially if those figues quoted above can safely and easily be achieved. quite impressive.

ill have to get the calculator out and figure out some costs based on those figures.