PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silkair Singapore
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 02:25
airplanedriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a stint with Sing Cargo for 3 years, moved to greener pastures and now find myself back in the garden city for a new gig on the 320!
I would definitely agree 100% about the comments about Singapore on the whole, it's crazy really, some get the idea that it is a streamlined place and everything works smoothly, but the bureaucracy is just as it is in many parts of Asia, just with more style!! Of course it's very safe crime wise and certain conveniences are superb, but it's not all rosy as it's cracked up to be. With a family really, i too wouldn't choose Sin.

On the other hand, on a more positive note, if you're on a commuting contract, and u base your family in one of the cheaper, more vibrant city's in the region, it just might work nice. This is what I've done, a 2 bedder in the east, near very good amenities can be got for S$3k, and u manage for 20 day for yourself only, no family, it'll work quite well, just my two cents worth, cos for a commuting sort of lifestyle, Sin i must say is pretty OK, much better than Korea or China IMHO. Of course if your family is based far and the only option is to relocate along with them, then it's probably NO!